admin on February 23rd, 2009
When doing linkbuilding, many of us just try to get any link from anywhere. But since Google is revising Back Links factor in its ranking algorithm, It is time now to review the practices and try to go to the next level of link building. Poor quality links from dodgy websites, like link farms, will have a tiny or even no influence on the search engine rankings. Therefore it is no use to get thousands of poor quality links as the time spent to look for them and create them, won’t justify your efforts.
When doing the link building, consider the following points and you don’t have to worry about anything regarding Google going mad over you and your site
1. Don’t use same anchor text for 500 links. This may even gives you a shorter boost but after a week or two you will definitely start seeing not so good results.
2. Don’t even dare to think in link farm schemes where you can paste your 20 links ont he same page. This wont do any good to your site.
3. Don’t participate in Link Exchange programs where you get your link on some web page with name Links.html/php/etc. Links from such pages are highly de-valuated.
4. Don’t copy someone’s else content and put your link in it,. Especially when that content has already been indexed and cached by Google.
5. Don’t limit yourself to traditional methods. Think out of the box and be creative. Even if you don’t have budget to give some freebies, You can give free service or write a post on some other blog and in return gets a quality link.
6. Don’t limit yourself to short term link building. You may miss a great backlink only cause the website don’t have a PR now, but what if it gets some in the next one!
7. Don’t get hundreds of links in a day or two. What do ya think Google is? A dumb piece of software?
8. Don’t waste your several hours in reading such stupid posts about link building. Just Do it dude